Benefits of becoming a Fellow
Why should you be a Fellow in the MCH-Public Health Leadership Institute?
You simply can't get more comprehensive, in depth training anywhere else. Fellows receive full scholarships to the program so there are no charges for attending the Institute. Limited travel support scholarships are available.
- While there are other existing leadership programs out there, this provides an intensive, personal leadership development experience comparable with those used by major corporations and offered by top line business schools at leading universities.
- This Leadership Institute focuses on the individual dedicated to serving MCH audiences: it's about understanding leadership for the world of Maternal and Child Health and Public Health in an integrated approach. This program works with all leaders across the spectrum of MCH-Title V, Non-profits, Family Members-we embrace diversity in every aspect.
- A practical, tested, skills-based program with tools that you can turn around use today! Use leadership skills to accomplish the objectives you care the most about! Learn the critical skills and tools for "moving things forward"
- The MCH PHLI is committed to building a national cadre of MCH professionals and family members with crucial leadership tools to serve as "public health leaders" and create the future of MCH in these extraordinary times.
- MCH is never a well funded field. While this is a time of tremendous financial and personnel constraints, it is also a time of tremendous opportunity. The vital role of leadership is more critical than ever before. We need to manage the resources, develop the partnerships, and bring people together to achieve a shared vision. This is a program for those who serve MCH audiences and are responsible for crafting and implementing that vision for the future.
- Access to peers from across the spectrum of MCH leadership. Work side-by-side with MCH Agency leaders and Family Leaders through the year-long development experience. Learn how your group can be a resource for and collaborate with others from different organizations, make critical connections with other program Fellows. This is a rare networking opportunity!
The program is funded by HRSA grant (number T04MC12783). If you are accepted as a Fellow, your scholarship will support all onsite costs for program Fellows. Limited travel scholarships are also available.